Friday 1 November 2019

Nuheara’s Amazing IQbuds Boost Wireless Earbuds Are $200 off Today

A set of Nueara IQbuds boost in a case.
Josh Hendrickson

Do you have trouble understanding people in mildly loud situations, but otherwise don’t need hearing aids? Nuheara’s IQbuds Boost might be able to help. They cut background noise and provide clarity. And today only, you can get them for $300.

When I reviewed Nuheara’s IQbubs Boost wireless earbuds, I called them potentially life-changing. And that’s because they are. Even though I pass any standard hearing test (and you should get a hearing test too if you suspect problems), I have plenty of trouble understanding people in challenging situations. Don’t whisper to me, and don’t try to talk to me in a restaurant. I just can’t parse your words, no matter how hard I try.

Nuheara changed all that for me. Now I can understand people; now I’m not always asking someone to repeat themselves for a second or third time; now, I feel less like a nuisance and more like a person actively part of the conversation.

The earbuds work by cutting out background noise and boosting the voice of the person you are facing. They even include different hearing profiles based on where you are, like home, office, and restaurant.

Images of the Nuheara app showing hearing profiles and tap controls.
The app lets you switch between profiles and adjust tap controls.

I also liked the fact that they sound great. Sure, the wireless earbuds assist my hearing, but I can use them for music and movie watching too. They provide more bass than I realized was possible from some a small device, and I ditched all my other truly wireless earbuds in favor of these.

And you can buy a TVStream device that works in tandem with the buds. After connecting the IQstream TV to your television, you can mute the TV or turn it down. Then, using Nuheara’s app (available for iOS and Android), you can tell the Boost buds to use your TV as an audio source, and you’ll get a dedicated audio stream.

You can adjust the volume as you like, meaning no one else will complain about you turning the volume up too much late at night again.

The single largest problem with the IQbuds Boost earbuds is the $500 price. Compared to actual hearing aids (which often cost $5,000 for a pair), they are technically cheap. (And I should be clear, these are not a replacement for hearing aids, they’re assistants at best.) Still, when you compare them to other truly wireless earbuds, they’re pretty expensive. They do come with a recharging case, 9 silicone tips, and three memory foam tips.

The good news is, today only, Nuheara dropped the price to $300. That’s still more expensive than a pair of AirPods or even AirPods Pro. But that’s ok considering they not only function as Bluetooth earbuds but also assistance for your hearing.

Read the remaining 3 paragraphs



from How-To Geek https://ift.tt/325QZtc

No comments:

Post a Comment